Effective Date: 01/01/2024
- Who we are
We are BioGenex with offices in India, United States, and China. We sell health devices to Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, Hospitals, and Research Centers around the world. When you provide us with personal information, we are responsible for securing and using it to provide you with our Services. This includes third-party service providers also Under applicable laws, we are referred to as a “data controller,” “data fiduciary,” and “service provider.” The third parties we hire to perform some of our Services for us are mostly referred to as “data processors.”
Our office addresses and contact information include:
- United States:
48810 Kato Road,
Fremont, CA 94538.
+1 510-824-1400, 1-(800) 421-4149, +1 510-824-1490
BioGenex Life Science Pvt Ltd
Aerospace & Precision Engineering,
TSIIC SEZ, Adibatla,
Shanghai Exhibition Center
No.1000 Middle Yan An Road
Shang Hai Shi, China, 200041
+86 21 2220 6680
+86 21 2220 6679
- The information we collect
We collect the information that helps us to receive, process , and deliver your request, as well as communicate with you, personalize your experience, and comply with the law. The categories of information we collect include:
- Information you give to us: We collect the personal information you willingly provide to us when you interact with our Service. This may include when you create an account, request to purchase a product, submit your payment method information, submit your billing and shipping addresses, contact us, submit comments on our blogs or news, or fill out any other form on our website or other communication channels.
The information you may provide us willingly includes, without limitation, your name, email address, home address, country, phone number, website name, and company information.
Please, note that you are not statutorily required to provide us with any information described above when you use our Services. However, it may be impossible to provide some Services without us requiring access to relevant information about you (for example, we cannot take your payments online without your card information).
- Information we collect automatically: We use third-party tools like Google Analytics to gather information about how you use our website and interact with us. These tools are embedded with technologies like cookies, beacons, tags, pixels, and gifs, which are used to anonymously track the products or pages you access and interact with, the duration of your use of the particular pages, and other behavior you exhibit. The information collected may also include your device IP address, geolocation, and other identifiers.
We collect this information anonymously to help us determine what products users are interested in and how we can remarket them to the users through targeted marketing.
- Information from third-party sources: We may receive information about you from third-party sources, such as from carriers after a delivery is made.
- Sensitive information: Some of the personal information we collect from you may be regarded as sensitive information under certain privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) as amended (for example, your card, billing, and location information).
Where we collect your billing and payment method information, we provide additional protection, including by working with trusted payment processors and ensuring they employ commercially reasonable safeguards.
- Transaction information: We automatically collect information about each transaction you carry out on the website. We automatically generate a receipt of the product you purchase, the time and date, name of purchaser, and other information for our record keeping purposes.
- Why we collect your information
As already mentioned, we collect information majorly to provideyou with our Services (to receive your orders and deliver them). Other uses may include:
- To provide you with an account and profile to store your preferences.
- To communicate with you about your orders, provide support services, and send administrative messages.
- To receive your payments and send you an invoice or receipt of transactions.
- To enable us to deliver your purchases to the location you specify.
- We collect information from your content to host your comments and respond to them in a conversation mode.
- We collect usage information to detect how our Services are being used and how to retarget our offerings.
- We also collect certain information to comply with applicable laws (for example, to keep records) and prevent against fraudulent practices.
We collect and process your information because:
- You have given us verifiable consent to do so;
- We need it to perform a contract or prepare to perform a contract (for example, to ship and deliver the products you purchase);
- We need it to fulfill our legal obligations (for example, where we collect and retain records of transactions as required by law); and/or
- It fulfills our legitimate interests and those of other users in ways that do not override your rights (for example, we collect some information to detect fraud and other violations of our Terms and Conditions and applicable laws).
- Who we share your information with
We do not disclose your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, the information we collect from you may be available to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Information shared with third-party service providers: We may share information with entities that provide certain services on our behalf. For example, we use third parties for payment processing, email sending, delivery services, and so on. These parties cannot perform their services without accessing your information.
- Information shared within the BioGenex group of companies: BioGenex has offices around the world, including the US, China, and India. Information about users may be shared with parties in any of the offices on a need-to-know basis (for example, our India office may share information about a potential customer with another office if the customer is likely to be served by the office). Please note that parties within the BioGenex company are bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and are obligated to keep information confidential.
- Information from content shared with website users: If you submit comments on our blogs and news, your name and any information contained in your comments will be publicly available to any website user who navigates to those parts of the website.
- Usage and analytics information shared with advertising partners: We will share information about analytics and usage information gathered anonymously with our advertising partners to help us with ad retargeting.
- Information shared at the request of the law enforcement: We will comply with legal orders involving the disclosure of your information. We may also disclose information with other entities if it will prevent or protect any fraudulent practices or our rights and properties, or the rights of others.
- Information shared with other entities in a business transfer transaction: We may share information with another entity in a business transfer transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or consolidation, or a case of bankruptcy.
- Information shared based on other purposes: We may disclose your information in other ways. In such circumstances, we will let you know of such ways before disclosing your information.
- International transfer of information
BioGenex has offices in different regions, including the US, India, and China. Also, some of our third-party providers may be located in other countries different from where you submitted personal information to us. Due to this, your personal information may be transferred across different countries with slight variations in privacy laws. However, we apply appropriate and approved safeguards when transferring information across countries. This includes ensuring we only interact with entities with trusted privacy practices.
If the transfer of information is involving a user within the EU, EEA, UK, or any location under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we rely on safeguards recommended by the European Commission. You can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request for these safeguards.
- Cookies and third-party tools
Cookies and similar technologies
We and the third parties we use set cookies, beacons, pixels, tags, and similar tracking tools on the website, our content, and tools to perform certain actions, including gathering usage information, saving user preferences, and improving our adverts.
Cookies and related technologies are tiny bits of codes that are embedded on the website, our video content, pages, and the third-party tools we use. These technologies automatically interact with your device properties, which is what’s responsible for the tracking they do.
These technologies, especially cookies, are used for tasks such as saving items to your cart, remembering your inputs and search terms, hosting certain content, personalizing our Services, securing the website, and gathering how users interact with us.
For more information specifically on cookies, please review our Cookies Policy.
As mentioned, we use third-party tools from third-party service providers to perform some of our Services. Our major third-party tool includes Google Analytics, an analytics gathering tool from Google Inc (Google), which we use to gather how users use our website and what pages or content users interact with, anonymously.
You can opt out of Google Analytics gathering analytics information about your use of the website and interaction with our content by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out browser add-on or extension to your device.
We engage in certain marketing activities with your information, including your email address and your interaction with the website. These include:
We may send you offers, news, promotions, and new deals that we think may interest you to your email address for as long as you do not opt out. Where we send you marketing emails, you will be provided with an opt-out option in the event you do not want to keep receiving them. You can opt out of email marketing by using the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
We engage in targeted advertising. This involves BioGenex sharing the usage and analytics information we gather about users with network advertisers and advertising agencies, and then using it to market our products to you on their platforms. These third parties also deploy their own cookies on our website and other websites and combine it with the information in their database.
Notwithstanding, you can opt out targeted advertising based on your use of our website and interaction with our content. You can click here if you would like to opt out (or here if you are located in the EU). Also, some of these network advertisers and advert agencies belong to self-regulatory groups, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAI) and Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). They provide their own opt out plans. You can learn more about NAI and its opt-out plans at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You can learn more about DAI and its opt-out plans at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please, be advised that if you opt out of targeted advertising, it will not stop advertising in general. It only stops advertising based on your online behavior.
- Security of information
We take the privacy of our customers very seriously. We do not share personal information about you with third parties for any other purposes other than as described above. We employ the services of trusted and industry leading service providers, including with respect to your name, payment information, email address, and billing information. And we bind our employees and individuals within the company are bound by an NDA.
Also, we employ technical and technological measures that are proven to be effective, including designing your information to only be accessible via our office network.
Notwithstanding, we cannot guarantee 100 percent that your information is secure from unauthorized third-party access and use, as the digital space and technology keep evolving.
- Retention period of information
We do not retain the information we collect from you for more than the purpose for which it was collected is achieved. In most cases, we delete your information from our database once you request that we delete your account (or after we are done with your request, if you do not have an account).
We may retain certain information, such as transaction information, for our record keeping obligations or for future dispute purposes.
- Your rights and choices
Rights applicable to all customers
You have the below rights with respect to how we use your personal information.
- Withdrawing your consent: If you have ever consented to us processing any specific information about you, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Accessing and updating your information: You can request to know the types of information we are processing about you, including updating your information where applicable. You can see the information we currently hold about you and update it by clicking on the “My Account” section of the website to access the relevant sections. You may also contact us via email@example.com to know the information we have about you via email.
- Deleting your information: You can request that we delete your information by sending a deletion request to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Contact Us section of the website.
- Requesting information portability: You have the right to receive a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit the information to another service or provider. Upon request, we will provide your information in a portable format to the extent technically feasible.
- Lodging a complaint: Certain locations provide its users with the ability to lodge a complaint to any data supervisory authority in the event they believe a data controller is unlawfully processing their information. For example, users under the GDPR, can lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in their location. We encourage you to contact us first using the “Contact Us” section of the website so that we can attempt to address your concerns.
Rights applicable to customers in the GDPR areas
If you are using our Services from any location under the GDPR law, you have the following additional rights in addition to the general rights above:
- Restricting processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your information. This means that we will temporarily suspend the processing of your information, but we may still store it. This right may apply, for example, when you contest the accuracy of your information or when you have objected to the processing, pending verification of our legitimate grounds.
- Objecting processing: You can object the processing of your information on grounds relating to your situation, where the processing is based on legitimate interests. We will cease processing your information, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests, rights, and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
Rights applicable to users in California
Under the CCPA and CPRA, customers who are submitting personal information to us from the State of California, US, have the following additional rights:
- Right to know: You have the right to request information about the categories of personal information collected, the sources of collection, the purpose of collection, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared it with in the past 12 calendar months.
- Right to opt-out: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. BioGenex is not in the business of selling personal information.
- Right to non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA/CPRA rights. You can contest this if you believe we did.
- Right to limit our use of sensitive information: You can request that we limit your payment method and billing information strictly for the purpose of processing your order payments. Fortunately, we do not use your information for anything else other than to process your payments.
You can exercise your rights under the CCPA/CPRA by reaching out to us at email@example.com or using the “Contact Us” section of the website.
Rights applicable to users in Nevada
If you are a Nevada customer, you can request that we opt you out of information sold to third parties for monetary consideration and for those third parties to sell the same information to additional parties. Fortunately, we do not sell personal information for monetary consideration. However, you can still opt out of any future sale by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have used our Services.
- Do Not Track (DNT) signals
Your web browser may have a DNT feature, which when enabled, transmits a notice to us to not track your online behavior. At this time, BioGenex does not respond to signals from the DNT feature, as there is no universally acceptable consensus among industry participants.Top of Form
- Children policy
Our products are not marketed and targeted at children (people under 18 years of age); therefore, we do not expect children to submit personal information to us, including via our email. We delete the information of children when we discover that they have submitted personal information to us. If you are a child who wants to purchase from us, please go through your parents or a legal guardian.
- Third-party links
The website may contain adverts and links from third-party websites and services. Such links are available on our website for informational purposes only and do not constitute our endorsement of the respective providers’ privacy practices. Please, endeavor to read the privacy policies of third parties before submitting personal information to them.
- Changes to policy
We may review and update this Policy as our practices or applicable laws change. Once we make such changes, they will become effective upon us updating this Policy. You are responsible for updating yourself by frequently reviewing this Policy. Notwithstanding, we may notify you of changes to this Policy via your email address or by displaying a notice on the website.
- Contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, including if you think we are unlawfully processing your information, you can contact us at email@example.com or by using the information in the “Contact Us” section of our website.