Dale Telgenhoff: Excellence in In Situ Hybridization
This year, at the 2013 National Society for Histotechnology (NSH), BioGenex is proud to announce that it has awarded a $1,000 grant to Dr. Dale Telgenhoff of Tarleton State University in Stephenville, Texas. As an instructor at Tarleton State, Dale has excelled in providing challenging laboratory exercises and exams requiring hands-on tissue identification and special staining skills.
- Publication of a research paper utilizing ISH in a peer reviewed journal.
- Presentation of an abstract on ISH at a scientific conference.
- The teaching of ISH through workshops lectures and teleconferences.
- Continued and advanced work on ISH in one’s own institution, as evidenced by letters of support from the supervisor, pathologist and peers.
Dale Telgenhoff, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor of Medical Laboratory Science, Tarleton State University
- Director of Histotechnology Program, Tarleton State University
- BAT-HPT advisor, Tarleton State University
- Adjunct Professor of Pharmacology, Texas Wesleyan University
- Principle Research Scientist, Healthpoint
David Davis: Standardization in Immunohistochemistry Award
Immunohistochemistry (IHC) is more imperative than ever in diagnosing and treating cancer. To achieve highly reproducible results with efficiency, IHC must be performed in a standardized manner.
BioGenex is highly committed to the standardization of IHC and would like to recognize and award individuals who have contributed to the advancement of IHC standardization. Contributions to the field are judged by assessment of peer-reviewed publications, abstract presentations or workshop/teleconferences on histopathology standardization.
Earlier this year, at the 2013 National Society for Histotechnology (NSH) conference, BioGenex awarded a $1,000 grant to Mr. David Davis, Histology/IHC Lab Manager at the University of Colorado in Denver.
BioGenex is honored to present this award to Mr. Davis who is an active member of histotechnology societies on a global level. He is passionate in international service and committed to serving the underserved parts of the world.
David J. Davis, BS, HT (ASCP), QIHC
- Histology/IHC Manager – University of Colorado in Denver
- Histology/Pathology Supervisor
- U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID)